It’s time for another exciting milestone at R&B Distillers as we set out to find our Distiller on Raasay for the new Isle of Raasay Distillery, opening this Summer.
This is your chance to become part of one of Scotland’s newest Scotch whisky distilleries and enjoy a unique lifestyle on the picturesque island of Raasay, off the East coast of the Isle of Skye.
R&B Distillers is a young, growing company offering the right candidate an opportunity to join our first whisky distillery as we strive to become Scotland’s leading craft distillers.
A small, passionate team means you’ll gain experience and involvement in many aspects of the business, beyond that which you might find in larger companies.
The role of Distiller on Raasay is a rare chance to join a distillery from the early stages and be part of its future.
Most of all we’re looking for KNOWLEDGE and PASSION but there a few other
mandatory requirements we need in this crucial role:
- You must have a FORMAL QUALIFICATION preferably in distilling and/or brewing, or other relevant field.
- As you’ll hit the ground running, we need you to have PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE IN DISTILLATION – preferably in Scotch whisky.
- Applicants must BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE ISLE OF RAASAY in Scotland’s Inner Hebrides where this position is based.
- We need a Distiller on Raasay whose attitude matches our APPRECIATION FOR INNOVATION and flexible outlook on product development.
- You must be able to demonstrate EXCELLENT ORGANISATIONAL, RECORD KEEPING AND NUMERACY SKILLS.
- Candidates must have the RIGHT TO RESIDE & WORK IN THE UK.
- Scotch whisky is a regulated industry so applicants should have KNOWLEDGE OF HMRC, AND HEALTH & SAFETY LEGISLATION.
- Because we produce and sell alcohol, you must be 18 YEARS OLD OR OVER to be eligible for this position.
- Raasay is a remote Scottish island so a VALID FULL DRIVER’S LICENSE is required.
About the Isle of Raasay Distillery:
Independently owned and operated by R&B Distillers, a young, innovative company building on a rich whisky heritage, the Raasay Distillery is the company’s first in plans to build two across Scotland.
The distillery will be Raasay’s first ever legal distillery on an island where illicit production would once have been rife. The Scotch whisky distilled on Raasay will be influenced by the unique and diverse geology of the landscape, including an emphasis on volcanically filtered water in all stages of production.
While building the Isle of Raasay Distillery R&B Distillers have created and promoted Raasay While We Wait and Borders as representations of whiskies yet to come from our own distillation, and continued to promote our heritage brand The Tweeddale.
Explore our website to learn more.
Please send a CV and cover note in MSWord of PDF format to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Midnight Friday 24th February
(Successful candidates will be contacted after the closing date.)